Our beloved four legged canine friends are fascinating creatures. Their love for affection and food may seem simple to read, but there is a lot you probably don’t know about them!
Here are 18 things we bet you didn’t know about dogs.
- Corgi is the Welsh word for “dwarf dog”.
- Dogs get jealous when their owners pay attention to someone or something other than them.
- If your dog suffers from separation anxiety, giving them an article of your clothing can help comfort them while you’re gone.
- Men who have a dog are more like to get a woman’s attention and phone number.
- The basenji is the only breed of dog that can’t bark.
- Your dog’s sense of smell is 10,000 times stronger than yours.
- Petting your dog can help you lower your blood pressure.
- The Norwegian Lundehund is the only breed of dog with 6 toes on each paw.
- Meet Duke! He’s the mayor of Cormorant, Minnesota.
- Dogs have wet nose because it helps them absorb scent particles.
- The most popular dog breed in the U.S. is the labrador.
- When your dog turns in circles before lying down, they are performing an old nesting custom. They are making themselves at home.
- Dogs curl up into balls to keep warm and protect their vital organs as they sleep.
- Your dog can see in black and white, but he can also see blues and yellows!
- Dalmatian pups are born all white and get their spots later on.
- Dogs have at least 18 muscles in each of their cute ears.
- Newfoundlands have webbed feet, which make them excellent swimmers.
- Dogs can recognise over 150 words; guess you can teach an old dog new words!